VIF's Exchange Visitor Program* teachers are selected through a rigorous multistage screening and evaluation process, ensuring that every school is presented with a highly qualified group of teachers ready to successfully impact student achievement. In fact, an exhaustive statewide study from the University of North Carolina proved our teachers' students are top performers in Reading, Math and Science.
We support our teachers with ongoing training to aid their transition to U.S. schools and communities. We also guide their professional development and help them acquire the necessary curricular tools and resources.
Program benefits include:
- Streamlined selection process with turnkey placement and implementation support.
- Outstanding global teachers with authentic international perspectives to share with school teams and students.
- Proven student achievement results in the classroom.
- Enhanced learning experience for teachers and students through participation in professional development and access to common core-aligned Connections Resource Library.
- J-1 visa sponsorship.
- Pre-arrival training.
- Help with logistical support services including travel, airport transportation, banking, etc.
- Three-day VIF orientation.
- International credential evaluation.
- U.S. Certification and Licensure.
- Transitional support through a local adviser program.
- Online professional development.
- Live 24/7 support from dedicated teacher resources team.
*VIF is recognized by the U.S. Department of State as an official J-1 Exchange Visitor Program sponsor. VIF currently places teachers in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.